Our RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can RP in all their imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the North

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

In the North - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Feenuh just stared at Drake for a moment, taking in the fact that they would be saying goodbye in just a few days. The trip would be enjoyable, but the end of it would be hard. She had grown really close to him and had come to realize how much he loved her. She'd be lying if she said that by that moment, she didn't love him to. He was her brother and she was already going to lose him.

"I know you will. I believe in you..." She smiled, full of love and hope. "I'll look forward to every single one of those ravens. Don't worry about me either, Drake, I'll be fine too."

Bayard, her eldest brother, was motioning for them to follow him and he began the path down the road. It would take them the entire day to reach Winterfell, and they would get there late that night. She was excited. Excited to finally see the Starks that she had grown to love. She only hoped that it wasn't too late to meet Jon...

Brescia had enjoyed the meal her father made. He always knew how to make the best meals, even though most of the time the kitchen cooked for them. She wondered how he was so skilled in cooking, but didn't as, afraid he would ask her why she'd forgotten. Amnesia? Did they even have amnesia back in this time? She didn't know.

"I'm going to head to bed, father." She leaned over him and kissed the top of his head. "I love you... Goodnight."

She climbed into her makeshift tent and lay down on her makeshift pillow. She was excited and scared for their trip to Winterfell. She wasn't sure what was in the stars for her. She didn't like that. She was used to being in control.

Just breathe...and sleep...
Back to top Go down
https://ourrpguniverse.rpg-board.net
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 7:53 pm

Drake wasn't entirely sure he believed his sister when she tried to assure him that she would be alright. He worried for her. She really wasn't getting better, and he was the only one that really knew it, other than herself even though she was denying it.
He followed after Bayard, knowing that it was all time for them to leave. He mounted his horse, which he made sure was right alongside Feenuh and her horse, and waited for everyone else to come that was.
"Feenuh... I... I'm frightened."
He looked at his sister then, begging for comfort, desperately needing some.

Bayard watched as his daughter crawled into the sleeping arrangement he had made for her.
"Goodnight..." he whispered after her.
He looked up to the sky, noticing not a single, dark cloud moving over them. The stars were shining brightly and, if he had all the time in the world, he could count almost every one. He kicked out the fire, not wanting it draw any unwanted attention from the stirring creatures that lived in these woods. He grabbed his bundle of blankets and set up right outside where Brescia was sleeping. Within minutes, he was sleeping soundly himself.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:26 am

Feenuh hated seeing Drake so scared and so sad. She wouldn't be there for him once he was left at the wall and he would no longer have anyone there to comfort him. She didn't like that. She wished that she would be able to be there for him, but they would never allow a woman at the wall. For various reasons. The things that all the men would want to do to her. The thought of it made her shiver, a bit frightened herself. She was glad that she wasn't going to be staying there.

"You are going to be just fine, Drake." She looked him straight in the eyes, hers filled with love and support. "You will have men there that will become brothers to you. They will protect and support you. It will not be easy, as nothing is, but you will succeed at becoming one of the best men to ever serve there."

She remembered her father mentioning that his brother was still serving there. That meant that Drake would at least have one family member to support him.

"Plus, our uncle is there, and that means you would never be alone." She gave him another supportive and loving look, hoping it would calm him.

When Brescia awoke she was a bit shaken. There had been noises in the forest all night that had kept her from sleeping. She was far from used to it. Even when camping back home it was a much safer and calming experience. After climbing out of her tent, she realized her father was already awake and packing the horses up for the next day of their journey to Winterfell. Only one day had gone by and they had at least two or three more ahead of them if they kept the fast pace that they had been going at thus far.

"I really wish we would just get there already." She mumbled, knowing she was going to sound grumpy.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Drake smiled, knowing she was right, but still not liking any of what was going on. He almost wished he could take it all back, go against what he had said and never offered to go to The Wall. He sighed, knowing that this couldn't be, and waited until everyone else was ready to go.
Their father led the way, as discussed would happen, and Feenuh rode beside Drake. Griffin was on the other side of Feenuh, so it was like they were all protecting her. Bayard took the rear, insisting to make sure nothing would happen to them from behind as long as he was on watch.
It stroke him as odd that the eldest son wasn't staying behind to be Lord while their father was away. Perhaps Bayard had wronged their father, and this was his punishment. He didn't think much else on the matter and turned to Feenuh.
"So these dreams. I wish to hear about them."

The tone of voice his daughter had merely made him chuckle. This was such like she always had been, grumpy and already weary of the day before it had even truly started.
"I know, dear one. If you would like, we could start with an early race? Whoever finishes last must cook the next meal? What do you say to that?"
He knew how much she loved to race, and it nearly brought her to smile, no matter how foul her mood. He was hoping things would work in his favor this time. And if they did race, he wanted to win. He didn't feel like cooking.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Feenuh's world suddenly froze at Drake's statement about her dreams. What was she supposed to tell him happened in them? The dreams and nightmares she had were of things to come and she didn't want to come off as a future teller. A witch is what they would call her and a witch is what they would kill her as. No, she couldn't tell him the truth. She had to make up something else and quickly before he grew suspicious of her silence. She took a deep breath, as if dreading to speak of them, and made up what she could on the spot.

"Mostly sad things, like war." She looked off into the distance. "Death to my loved ones and the destruction of all of Westeros."

It wasn't completely a lie, so it was easy to tell him. She hoped that he wouldn't press her further and make it impossible for her to come up with any more. She thought quickly on how to dismiss it.

"It's hard to talk about and hard to remember." She frowned. "It was very frightening, all that blood and killing."

Brescia once again thought about how she could not have been more happier to have ended up with the father that she had. He genuinely cared for her and tried will all of his might to make her happy, which obviously wasn't a very easy thing from what she could tell. She smiled at him, wanting to show him how happy he made her. She wouldn't trade him for anything in the world, that was for certain. Arriving in Westeros may have been scary, but there wasn't a lack of love in store for her.

"You know you're going to lose old man." She teased, winking at him. "Ready, set, go!"

She began to race down the path, hoping she'd beat him. If she didn't, she'd be glad to cook for him, but she had always been very competitive in all aspects of life. From the small things to the big things, she always strove to do her best and come out on top.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:02 pm

Drake felt immediate remorse for having his sister recount what had happened. He knew all too well how she felt about those kinds of things, and these nightmares seemed to haunt her even more frequently now that he was going to the Wall. He sighed, not exactly knowing what to say after that.
"I am sorry, dear sister. I will not ask more of it."
He gave her an apologetic smile and wondered how things were going to be without her there. He imagined it would be terribly difficult, since she was his best friend. He didn't want to think about it, and he really hadn't when he said he would go. Once again, more than anything, he was wishing that he could turn back. But when a man gives his word in the House of Joradnes he keeps it, or faces exile.
He refrained from groaning aloud, fearing everyone's wrath.
"I hope we get to meek the Stark children while we are in Winterfell. I hear Sansa is a sight to see, regardless of her only being thirteen. Robb, I hear, is a very handsome fellow, Feenuh."
He shot her a wink and allowed himself a small chuckle.

"Oh ho! Not today, my dear daughter. Not today... Ya!"
Bayard kicked his horse and charged after Brescia. For a few moments he was still trailing behind her, but within seconds he was by her side, and several more seconds allowed him the distance to get passed her horses neck. He gave his horse another small kick and he was then fully in front of her, leaving dust trails behind him. He rounded the small corner and told his horse to slow down, to steady. A couple seconds later, Brescia was beside him, looking frustrated as ever.
"Today, I think, is a good day to win a race. Don't you think, my dear? Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Feenuh blushed at the mention of Robb Stark. She loved Jon Snow the most, but knew that her family would see Robb as the perfect suitor. Jon was a bastard, after all. She didn't care, though. If she got a chance to be close to him, she'd take it. He was the most beautiful man she had ever set her sights on. She was not going to give up the chance to be close to him, even for a short while.

"I'm sure the Stark children will be at Winterfell when we arrive, brother." She gave him a cheeky smile. "I'm sure Sansa will be blown away by your beauty and mourn for you when you leave for the wall."

She giggled and shot a wink in his direction. She wanted to make this trip as lighthearted as she could for him. She didn't want him to be mourning too much himself. If she could save him, she would, but her father would never let him go back on his word to join his uncle and the other brothers of the wall.

"As for Robb Stark, I'm not so sure he's what I'm looking for, dear brother." She smiled to herself and took in a deep breath of fresh air.

It's so beautiful here...

Brescia glowered at her father, knowing that he had let her win the time before. Moments later she couldn't help but smile at him, though. He truly was an excellent father. He didn't treat her like some stuck up daughter of a lord. He treated her like someone he loved and held close to his heart. It made her feel at home, even after such a short time.

"Yeah, yeah, just be happy if you're lucky enough to find your food unburnt." She stuck her tongue out and let out a laugh. "Shall we carry on, then?"

She knew he'd attempt some witty retort to her comment, but would probably fail. Fathers were hardly ever any good at witty retorts. If they did retort, it was usually just something to laugh at.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

There was a small tug at his groin at the sound of Sansa's name, and pink immediately rose to his cheeks. He couldn't believe his sister would throw that attack at him. She knew very well how much he longed for the girl.

"That was low, dear sister. Very."

He couldn't help but laugh though, knowing that she was only trying to lighten the mood. He thought about what she had said, about Robb not being what she was looking for, and his curiosity spiked.

"What do you mean, by that? Robb not being what you're looking for? He seems good enough to me."

Bayard pretended to glare at his daughter at her threat of burning the food.

"I know I have taught you better than that, my dear."

He sighed as his horse slowly walked forward, taking them further into their journey without his say so.

"It seems to me, my horse is ready to continue whether we like it or not. So, we might as well."

He stuck his tongue out at her then, glad that they had this time together.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Feenuh was not sure if she should be honest with her brother. She knew that out of every member of her family that he was the one she could trust the most, but would he tell someone about her feeling for Jon? No, she assumed he wouldn't. She assumed that he would keep it to himself until the day he died if that was what she wished. He was her best friend, she could tell, and that was good enough for her. She fell back a little, hoping he would do the same.

"I have a secret, brother, and I know that I can trust only you with it." She whispered. "Do you agree to take on the burden of my heart's secret?"

I'm getting pretty good at this medieval speak, if I do say so myself!

Brescia laughed at her father and pushed her horse to follow his. She too was glad for this time with him. She couldn't believe that a man from this time period could be so sweet and understanding, even playful and fun, with his daughter. It gave her hope that her life could truly change for the better. She wanted nothing more than to be this man's daughter and feel all of the love he seemed to have for her.

"I'm very happy that we have this time to, father." She smiled. "I wouldn't trade it for anything."

I would like this trip to go by faster, though.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:43 pm

Feenuh fell back with her horse and Drake was quick to do the same thing. The look on her face held a bit of fear, and it worried him. When she stated she had a secret to tell him, he of course was quick to promise it was safe with him.

"I promise with all of my being that I will not tell another soul anything you wish to tell me during this conversation. I never do..."

He always kept his sister's secrets. She could tell him she wasn't even human and he would keep it between them. Nothing would change the love he had for his sister. She was his dearest friend.

Bayard sighed, happy to have been given such an amazing daughter. There was no father on the world who was as lucky as he was. He smiled at his daughter, grateful to have her.

"I only wish the journey wasn't so long. It makes me weary every time."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Feenuh took a deep breath, wanting to make sure she could get what she wanted to say out. She wasn't sure if he'd get upset and be approving of her feelings for Stark's bastard son. She would say she didn't care, but something deep down in her heart was telling her that she would care about his opinion more than any others. She bit down on her bottom lip for a moment, preparing herself for a negative reaction just in case there was one.

"I'm not interested in Robb Stark, Drake." She took a deep breath. "Mainly because my heart is with Jon Snow."

She waited for his reaction, his shock and anger, but hoped that deep down she was right about him. She was right to think that he would understand.

Brescia took a deep breath and let it sigh out of her lips. She wanted to get there faster, but knew that unless they ran their horses they would not get there any sooner. She didn't want to torture her horse, though, so she knew they would be stuck with the long ride ahead of them.

"Isn't there any way to shorten the ride there, father?" She groaned, not worried about him knowing she was upset by how long it would take them to arrive. "I really don't want to be stuck traveling for days and letting the impatience eat away at me."

Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Drake furrowed his brow at Feenuh's confession. Of course she would be in love with the bastard Jon Snow, of all people it would be him. It was just their luck that she would want him.

"Well, I honestly cannot say that I am too pleased with that, Feenuh. Though I am not very surprised either. It is just like you to long for the unconventional romance. I only wish your heart can get what it desires. You know father..."

He huffed then, knowing full well that their father would not approve of this arrangement. Though he hardly seemed to think that Feenuh would even care.

Bayard looked around briefly, surveying the landscape and trying to take in their precise location. He knew of a shortcut, it was off the path but he knew it would get them there within a few days from now, rather than a week or longer.

"There is, my daughter. But it is a trifle more treacherous than these trails are. I am sure our horses could handle the conditions. But I am afraid of the possibility that you may not."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:18 pm

Feenuh was happy with her brother's reaction. He may not have supported her feelings, which was only to be expected because of Jon being a bastard, but he did not think any less of her for it. She shouldn't have thought for a moment that he would, but she was afraid. The relief was a great deal to her. She nodded her head and thought upon what her next words would be. She didn't want to insult anyone in the process of speaking her mind.

"I know full well that father would not approve, but you're right, I probably wouldn't care what he thought." She sigh. "I know that isn't right, because father has been nothing but good to me, but I can not help where my heart has chosen to be."

I don't want to help it anyway.

"I can only hope that this two days ride goes by swiftly." She smiled to herself more than to Drake. "I want to see the look on his face when I arrive."

Here's another one for you, brother.

"And of course the look on Sansa's when you ride up." She winked, loving to tease her brother.

Brescia wasn't sure she cared how treacherous the other way was, but she was also afraid that he would only worry about her the entire time. She weighed out the options, wondering why her father thought she might not survive the other way. Was it because someone would do harm to her or was it because she was a woman and would not be able to handle the riding that was in front of them?

"What makes it possible for me not to survive, father?" She finally asked, wanting to know what she could be getting them into.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Drake smiled at her sister, pleased that his words hadn't discouraged her. He wanted her to be happy, he truly did. And if this bastard was good enough for her, then he was good enough for him as well. But he wasn't about to tell her that. Not with everyone around them at the moment.

When she spoke Sansa again, he almost wanted to scream out her infatuation with Snow. He glowered at her then, wanting to wring her neck, just once.

"I really don't think you should mention her again. I doubt anything would come of it. I am leaving to the Wall. And I doubt anything would happen while we are visiting for the night. She is only thirteen years of age. It is hardly becoming of such a young lady to... Do anything of that nature outside of marriage..." He sighed to himself. "Though I cannot say that I would mind it."

Bayard had to think of how to choose his next words carefully. He had great faith in his daughter and what she was capable of. But there were certain things that even the strongest and bravest of women could not endure in that place. Some men even didn't come back out the other side.

"My dear... There are perils in those woods. Beasts, poisonous berries that are hard to identify and differentiate. Some men don't even survive it... I have faith in you, I surely do. I just worry..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 11:58 pm

Feenuh frowned. She felt truly sad and sorry that her brother would miss out on finding love because he had to go to the wall. The last thing she wanted for him was to be alone. He wouldn't be truly alone, no, but it would seem like it for him from time to time. That much she knew to be true. It almost made her cry, but she didn't want to show that kind of weakness in front of Drake. It would only make matters worse for him.

"I'm sorry, brother, I do not mean to upset you. It will not be brought up again." She smiled at him lovingly and apologetically. "I only hope that my time there isn't something I regret myself."

Just don't get caught, dummy! Then again, he might not even want anything to do with you... Damn... What a sad thought!

Brescia knew that her father was afraid to hurt her feelings or make her feel inferior and it made her sad. He was truly afraid to ruin the time they were having and she must be the sort to get angered easily. She wasn't feeling angry in the least, though, because she knew that he was merely looking out for her. She nodded her head and looked toward the way that he had pointed.

"Do you think you'd be okay?" She asked, pondering an idea. "Do you know what to eat and what not to eat? I can fight with a sword, you know that, and if I had your help I think we'd be just fine."

I hope, anyways...

"What do you think, father?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 am

Drake accepted her apologetic smile, and returned it with a reassuring one of his own. He truly loved his sister, and it wasn't her fault he was going to the Wall. In fact, it was their fathers. But he wasn't going to cast any blame on anyone. Not that day. He didn't want to think about whose fault it was or why he was doing. He just needed to prepare for the fact that it was finally happening, and he needed to say goodbye.

"It is alright. Truly. I will be fine, I am sure. You, however, need to promise me that you will for the both of us. I'm sure the only love I'll be seeing is that from a goat, if I'm lucky."

He laughed at his own expense then, trying to lighten the mood once more.

Bayard thought to himself for a moment, remembering how long ago it was when he had traveled that very way alone. It had been many times, in all honesty. And it was something he wasn't supposed to have done, according to his father.

"Oh, I've ventured out here many times before, my darling. I know that I would be fine. And I'm confident that together, we would more than likely conquer those woods."

He sighed, knowing full well that they should just go ahead and leave for it already. They were wasting precious time.

"Oh, come on then! Let us go."

He beamed brightly at her then, hoping she would be pleased with his decision.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 am

Feenuh shot a look at her brother that was half amused and half horrified. She then burst into giggles, quite entertained by her brother's goat joke, and attracted the attention of her other siblings. They brushed her off, though, probably assuming that the two of them were just finding ways to enjoy each others company while they could. She was glad they did not ask what had been so funny, because she didn't feel like embarrassing her brother or telling them about her feelings for Jon Snow.

"At least make sure it's an attractive goat, brother." She smirked. "One with strong legs and beautiful eyes."

She shook her head, even more horrified than she had been before. She looked to him and then thought of one more thing to say.

"Then again, celibacy isn't the worst thing in the world."

Brescia was more than happy to gallop after her father, glad that they would get to Winterfell a lot faster than expected. She really didn't want to stick to the main roads and watch the time drag by her. She had never been the most patient girl in the world. Her friends had always told her that before she disappeared here to Westeros. She almost frowned at the memory of them but quickly lightened up. She was going to make a better life for herself here.

"So, how many days did you say it would take us to get through here, father?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 1:15 am

Drake couldn't help but let out a loud snort as his sister carried on with his goat joke.

"Oh I'll be sure she does, sister. Maybe I will even call her Sansa!"

He let the laughter die down a bit, then sighed as Feenuh mentioned celibacy.

"I believe you are right. It is not a terrible thing, but I do not think I would be able to stand it. I would probably wind up like some of the other men at the wall, going to the whore house to have a little fun. But then again... I don't know if I would be able to live with myself..."

Bayard enjoyed the breeze against his face as he and horse made their way through the forest in front of them. When Brescia spoke, he almost jumped. He had almost forgotten her presence, which he immediately felt remorse for.

"Er... It should take us around three days time to get there, my dear. Ahem..."

He wasn't sure what had come over him to make him forget his own daughter was travelling with him. It sincerely concerned him that he had been able to do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the North   In the North - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

In the North
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our RPG Universe :: Game of Thrones-
Jump to: