Our RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can RP in all their imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And... Action!

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

And... Action! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:38 am

Kathryn could feel her eyes starting to get droopy and the movie hadn't even really gotten started yet. She knew this would happen. Children's movies usually did this to her. Made her comfy, feel safe, and relaxed so that she would pass out. She thought on Cas's comment about her parents having a say.

"They'll eat whatever I want, especially because my mom will only eat a salad wherever we go anyway." She stated, knowing that her mother would stick true to her weight watchers diet.

She squirmed around a bit and closed her eyes. She knew she'd be out in the next twenty minutes. She wanted to be able to stay awake long enough to see Totoro, but knew that wasn't going to happen. She yawned and looked over at Cas one more time.

"I'm gonna end up passing out soon. So, just in case I love ya." She closed her eyes again, willing to finally fall asleep.
Back to top Go down
https://ourrpguniverse.rpg-board.net
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:42 am

"Yeah, that's true... I guess we'll just figure it out when we see it tomorrow."

He looked back at the movie and laughed quietly at how cute the two sisters were. When Kathryn all but said goodnight to him, he turned to her and smiled.

"Love ya too, babe. Muah."

He looked back at the movie and it hit him like a wave, exhaustion. Within the next three minutes, it was lights out for him.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 1:46 am

The following morning Kathryn was loading her last few things into the back of the SUV and watching as her parents loading their stuff into the U-Haul so that they could stay in a hotel for a few days and enjoy the city together. She liked that they were also using this trip to spend some time together, alone, because they didn't get to do much of that. She shut the back and turned to give her father a thumbs up. He nodded and motioned for her mother that it was time to go.

"Love you!" She shouted to them both and smiled when they shouted it back. She then turned to Cas. "You ready for this?"

I am beyond ready for this...

She looked back at the apartment building one last time and took a deep breath. This was all getting to be too real. She was leaving her childhood home behind. She was going to live a little over six hours away. It was all very intense when she really put thought into it.

And... Action! - Page 2 K9f6ef
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:27 pm

Castiel took one last look at the apartment and smiled, looking back at Kathryn, the smile grew bigger.

"So ready, hon."

He felt like he was going to burst with excitement when they finally left the parking lot. He knew that he would be hungry soon, but at the moment he couldn't quite stomach the idea of food. His excitement was just far too strong to put anything in his system.

They wove through the streets of the town, quickly making their way towards the 101 going South. He knew it was time for some music, but he wanted Kathryn to be able to pick what to listen to.

"What're you in the mood to listen to first? Are we just gonna put the mixes in according to how they're put in the case, or what?"

He smiled at her again, too thrilled for his own good.

And... Action! - Page 2 2el3z9k
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 pm

Kathryn looked closely at all the buildings they drove by, memories with quite a few of them rushing through her mind. She couldn't believe she wasn't going to live here anymore. She was going to be one of the lucky ones to escape Crescent City. The place was cursed. Too many people got stuck there or got stuck coming back. She would be one of the ones who got out and never moved back. She would visit, because her parents and sister were there, but she would never move back. Cas's question broke her out of her thoughts.

"Play em' in order!" She said excitedly, a grin spreading across her face and easily reaching her eyes.

She waited for Cas to load the first CD into the stereo and smiled as 'Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)' by Green Day came on. She thought the song would be fitting for their exit from Crescent City. She had no idea when they'd come back to visit and wasn't bothered by it. She could honestly say she hated the small little town she grew up in. This move was long overdue.

"Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end is right,
I hope you had the time of your life."

I love this song...
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Cas put in the first mix and smiled as the lyrics played through the speakers in the car. Green Day sang a song which was oh-so-fitting to their leave of the town, and he enthusiastically sang along to the words that he knew well, the rest just came out as somewhat-on-key jabbers.

He looked around at the buildings they were leaving behind and he felt weird at the thought of not seeing this place every day. He sighed, not letting any sense of regret come into his mind at all. The place was bad. Held terrible memories and it was full of terrible people. The only thing he would miss was his father, sister, and brother. And even that wasn't going to be something he thought about often. He wasn't really close with any of them. The sibling he was closest with lived in Marysville, only just a couple of hours away from where they would be moving to. That was what he was looking forward to the most, sort of.

Kathryn's parents were ahead of them in the U-haul, basically guiding them through the highway. They hadn't driven to San Francisco before, and barely knew the roads on the way there. They had been on road trips down there, but it was clear that riding shot gun and driving in the big seat were two entirely different experiences. Everything looked different behind the wheel.

"I need to drive more. I need to get more confident with it, otherwise, I'm going to die down there. Ha ha!"
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Kathryn tapped her fingers on the steering wheel along to the music. They had just hit the highway and she was glad to be on the road out of there. She looked over at McDonald's and stuck her tongue out at it. She barely heard Cas's comment about driving. She stopped looking at the fast food place and continued to drive past the old KFC building and the building she always loved to get her nails done at.

"Well, Berkeley will be a good place for you to get driving practice in. It's not as crazy as San Francisco." She looked ahead of her at the U-Haul and could see her mother in her review mirror, driving down the road ahead of them. "So, we'll make sure you get plenty of practice in a bigger city before you try San Francisco."

Kathryn had driven through a few bigger cities and thought she would have gone crazy, but surprisingly she managed quite well. She wondered if it had something to do with video games. Her eyes were used to dealing with many things going on at once. Maybe that's why it wasn't so difficult for her.

When they started to really head south she looked over at Ocean World and Apple Peddler. She had spent quite a few interesting outings at both of these places. Some were great, others not so much. She would miss her visits to Ocean World, but knew there would be bigger and more spectacular versions in the bay area.

"I just want to exit this town already."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:53 pm

Cas nodded in agreement to Kathryn's comment about wanting to be out of the town already and felt like pressing the fast forward button on life until they arrived at their new place.

"If only this were a movie. We could skip ahead a few scenes and just be there already. I'm gonna love the feeling of being on the road, expecting to get to a new town and everything. But at the same time, I just want it to be done so we can start our new life... You know what I mean?"

He gazed out at Ocean World behind them on the road and looked back at South Beach coming up on the right. He started to remember the day he walked all the way out here and further with a mutual friend of theirs one day, Josh. It was one hell of a walk that he never did again. He didn't have the right shoes the first time and it made for one bad experience. The scenery made up for it a bit.

"I'm gonna miss this kinda beach, I tell ya what. Not too many people and it's gorgeous..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 pm

Kathryn looked over at South Beach as Cas began talking about missing the beaches in the area. She had a lot of memories at them to; once again some were good and some were bad. South Beach was her favorite beach of them all. It was the best spot in Crescent City for surfing, something she hadn't done it quite a long time. She let herself smile just a little bit and focused on the road once more.

"I get what you mean. Great road trip, but just wanna get settled. Yeah, the beaches down there are beautiful, but often very busy." She frowned at the thought of so many people seeing her in her bathing suit. She looked great compared to just a year before, thanks to P90X, the gym, and a lot of jogging, but she still didn't feel too great. "Oh well, I guess it's something to get used to."

I wonder if we'll have any cute neighbors...? Kathryn rolled her eyes at the thought. Typical Kathryn.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:39 pm

Cas nodded and continued to gaze out the window. Now that they were actually doing it, now that it was finally happening, he was feeling a little sick. He gulped down the nausea, knowing it was just the fact that they were going to be in a new place that neither of them was familiar with. He didn't like new things in his life, more often than not. He liked things a certain way. Now that he was going to be in a different place, he would have to get an entirely new routine and it was going to be rough on him.

He sighed, wishing he could change how he was programmed.

I seriously just hate that part of me...

"Gentleman" by PSY was pumping around them in the car and he couldn't help but smile and shake his head with laughter as it actually dawned on him that it was.

He loved that crazy Korean.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Kathryn nodded her head to the song and couldn't help but smile, remembering the ridiculous music video. That was PSY for you, though. He was a bit out there and had a lot of adoring fans worldwide because of it. Kathryn watched as Crescent City sank away behind them and almost didn't realize that she had been holding her breath until she let it out. She took a few more deep breaths and let the SUV creep up the hill and out of her childhood hometown.

Wow...we actually did it. We actually left...

Kathryn pushed the volume up button on her steering wheel, letting it click up a few notches, and then started to sing like an idiot. She wasn't going to let the worry that she knew would creep up take her over. She was going to enjoy this. She looked over at Cas who was staring out the window and narrowed her eyes. She was not going to let him be broody on this road trip! She paused the music.

"Hey broody pants! Stop it! Or I will turn this car around!" She mock glared before looking back to the road. "Got it?!"

She laughed and let the music play again, dancing around and singing as much as she could, while still managing to drive like a sane person.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:54 pm

Cas shook his head at Kathryn, but couldn't help but laugh at her goofiness. They were best friends for a reason, and it was moments like this that reminded each of them of that. He grinned at her and joined in on the dancing around, being able to thrash around more than her since he wasn't the one driving. He leaned over the seat and shouted more than sing in her face.

"Gonna make you sweaaaaat. Gonna make you wettttttt. Ya know who I ammmmm. Wet PSY!"

He repeated the line, along with the song, and got back in his place. He didn't want to make her go off into the gorges they were getting into.

His heart was heavy but spirits were high...

No more Crescent City.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 4:59 pm

Kathryn had been driving for four hours, both of them singing and dancing a lot of the time, but her stomach was rumbling and she knew they needed to eat before she exploded. They were just driving into Willits, which was a good thing, because there were a few places there they could grab some lunch. She looked at the clock on the dash and saw that it was around one in the afternoon. They only had about two hours left until they got to their new home, but she wasn't going to wait.

"Call my dad and tell him we're gonna stop off and find food. They're probably hungry too by now."

She began to look at all the places they passed by. Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald's, and there were a few other places as well. She watched as her parents drove into a gas station and followed them.

"Nevermind. We'll just get out and ask them." She parked in a parking spot and grinned.

Not even a quarter of a tank gone yet. I love my baby. Good hybrid.

She rolled her eyes and got out of the car, knowing her tummy was making her delirious. She waited for her parents to get out and in the mean time looked to Cas.

"See anywhere good while we drove in?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:04 pm

Cas thought back to the options they had as they were driving in and found himself a little puzzled and confused as to where he wanted to eat. Wendy's, Burger King, or more McDonald's as far as fast food went. There was a small diner around here that he knew was probably like Denny's, but he wasn't sure if they all wanted to wait that long. They would probably have to settle on some burger joint.

"Well, I'm sure you saw the options on our way in for the fast food. I know the gas station here has some stuff inside. Sandwiches and stuff. Kinda like Subway... Unless it is Subway. I can't really remember... But you don't eat them anyway really. So I'm not all too sure. We should probably just ask your parents their opinion on it, too.."

Cas shrugged his shoulders and put his thumbs in his pocket, hating making decisions.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Kathryn knew if it were just the two of them she would be the one having to make the decision. It always went like that with them. Cas didn't like choosing. He always wanted to do whatever she did so she often got herself frustrated trying to decide. She figured she'd leave it up to her father, because he'd be the one hard to please. She watched as they both climbed out of the U-Haul and walked over to meet them. Her father was pumping gas.

"Hey daddy. We were wondering if you two wanted to grab lunch?" She leaned against the U-Haul, smiling.

"Yeah, sweetie. Your mom and I were looking at Wendy's on the way in. Does that sound good?"

Kathryn wasn't a particular fan of Wendy's. Never had been. She wanted to avoid an argument, though, so she quickly agreed on the idea. She would figure something out and knew Cas wouldn't be too hard to please. He found something he enjoyed just about anywhere they went. She walked back over to the SUV and climbed inside after agreeing to meet them there. She waited for Cas to get in and started up the ignition.

"Wendy's it is, then." She sort of mumbled, trying to figure out what she was going to do about food. "All I know for sure is I'm getting one of those ice cream things."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:14 pm

Cas was honestly glad that they were going to Wendy's. He had been thinking about "one of those ice cream things" as Kathryn put it for a while now. And it was one of the only fast food places with a slammin' turkey burger. He loved his turkey burgers. Within the last couple years he'd been getting less and less fond of red meat. So the turkey was a great option for him. It was a good break from chicken sandwiches.

"Yeah, I wasn't going to say to eat there because I knew you would have a hard time finding something. You know I like pleasing you."

He stuck his tongue out at her and kicked back the seat just a little bit so he could stretch out his back.

"Ugh... Why does my back have to be giving me problems right now? It was being so good..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Kathryn frowned as Cas stretched out his back. They had both been experiencing back problems for quite some time, which really wasn't good, but hers had eased up quite a bit since she had become so active. They only every once in a while got bad. She knew that if Cas worked out as much as she did, especially the yoga bit, then he would be much better off. She never told him to, though, because she didn't want to push what she thought would be good on him.

"I'll figure something out, even if it's just a salad." She knew that's what she should get, so she figured she would look at her options. "I shouldn't be eating fast food anyway."

She drove into the parking lot and decided to go ahead inside and wait for her parents there. She needed to sue the restroom anyway.

"Come on. I gotta pee."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Cas looked at Kathryn when they got into the restaurant and had to stifle a laugh. She was too cute for words. Especially when she was doing her little I-gotta-pee bounce.

"Just go, don't wait for them. Ha ha. Why should you have to?"

In reality, he was sure that he was the only one who wouldn't be having a salad here. Everyone was on some sort of diet or another except for him. He didn't really watch what he ate, other than what he knew for sure wasn't good for him in the least.

It worked for him this long, he didn't feel the need to change it up yet.

"I just want my yummy turkey burger.. Mmm..."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:26 pm

Kathryn walked into Wendy's and let her hair out of the pony tail, her red curls splaying down onto her shoulders. She had finally discovered a way to tame the beast that was her hair, and now it always looked amazing. She took a look around the lobby and found a lot of younger people hanging out and eating their lunches.

I'd fit right in here with all the hippies.

She walked over to the bathrooms and quickly went in and found a stall. When she was done going she walked out and took a look at herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe how much she had changed in just a year. She looked healthier, prettier, and she felt better in a lot of ways too. She still had a lot of self esteem issues to work on, but she was getting there. She washed her hands and got out into the lobby just as her parents were pulling into the parking lot.

Where's Cas?
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Cas was sitting down in a booth waiting for Kathryn to come out. He looked up from his phone and saw that there was a girl in a nearby booth staring at him. He wasn't sure what it was about, but she didn't look away when he caught her, which he found to be a little interesting. He decided to smile at her in response and when her face didn't move a muscle, he concluded that he was creeped out.

Okayy... Weirdie...

He turned his attention back to his phone and heard the door to the bathroom open and shut behind him. He turned around and, sure enough, Kathryn was out of the bathroom, looking beautiful as ever. He stood and walked over to her, giving her a large smile.

"Hey, I lost my number. Can I have yours?"

He gave her a cheesy grin and began to laugh.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Kathryn rolled her eyes and shoved Cas a little as she watched her parents get out of the U-Haul. She was so glad that they were with them. She wouldn't enjoy this trip nearly as much if they weren't. She only wish her sister could have come too, but she couldn't get the time off work. Plus, Kathryn didn't really want to bring her sister's boyfriend with them. He would make the trip a bit...stressful.

Understatement of the year...

"You are the biggest dork." She walked back out the front door to meet her parents and stretched a little, the muscles from months of working out and yoga popping out all over her body.

"Ready to eat?" Her mom asked, smiling sweetly at her.

I love my mommy.

"Yup, just waiting for you two. I think Cas already knows what he wants." She looked back at Cas just inside the door. "I'll just get a salad, I think. Oh, and one of those ice cream things."

She walked back inside and went to stand next to Cas, who was holding their place in line. She looked up at the salad options and figured she'd just get their simplest one and pick the tomatoes out.

"You two go ahead." She said to her parents, who quickly stepped in front of her and began to order.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Castiel was too busy staring at the girl taking their order to realize it was his turn to tell her what he wanted. When she smiled shyly at him, he quickly snapped out of his train of thought and moved up to her.

"I'll just have the turkey burger combo, medium, no onions or pickles on the burger though if it comes with em."

He smiled at her as she handed him his cup and walked over to grab some lemonade from the fountain drinks station. Kathryn was the last to order, but he wasn't able to hear what she had. He filled his cup and went and took a seat at the booth her parents were waiting for them at.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:12 pm

Kathryn had ordered a salad and decided she would just pick the tomatoes and anything else she didn't like out of it. She wasn't the biggest fan of Ranch dressing, but they didn't have her Thousand Island so she had to make do. She also ordered a soda and went over to fill the cup with Pepsi after it had been handed to her. She barely drank soda, so she didn't feel bad for drinking it now.

She walked over and slid in next to Cas, smiling at her parents as she did so. She was happy that they could all just sit down, without the rest of her family, and enjoy a meal. She knew it would be drama free as long as her father didn't find a subject that would start an argument.

"What number are we?" She asked no one in particular.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:16 pm

Cas smiled over at Kathryn as she slid in beside him, and gently nudged her side playfully. He took a breath, happy to be out of the car for a little while, and tried to avoid eye contact with the girl that had been staring at him before. From what he could tell, she was still doing it. He shuffled uncomfortably in place and took a drink of his lemonade.

He heard Kathryn's mom say they were order number 304 and tried to remember that. He heard 302 being called and he glanced over to see a young man and woman couple playfully fighting over who would get the food. He shook his head, disgusted with the cuteness.

When he began to return his glance to his own table, that girl from before shot him a hand gesture that was a little more than just friendly. Eyes wide and horrified, he stared back down at his table.

This is why I don't like going out in public. Weird and crazy people like her!
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 11:20 pm

Kathryn had barely noticed the woman's gesture shot in Cas's direction, but her eyes grew wide when she realized what she had just seen. The town was full of odd people, which was easily seen by driving down the streets, but this was just crazy. She felt really bad that she couldn't save him from it. She knew he had to be extremely uncomfortable.

"Just another couple of hours and we'll finally be there." She stated, excitement in every word. "I'm so impatient to get my apartment set up."

She had wanted to move into a house, but they were all far too expensive. For now she would have to settle with an apartment. Until Cas started making money they would be stuck. Her SSI only covered so much.

When their number was called out she was waiting to see who was going to get the tray. She would get it, but she wasn't sure if someone would jump up before her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And... Action!   And... Action! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

And... Action!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our RPG Universe :: Action!-
Jump to: