Our RPG Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where friends can RP in all their imaginary worlds.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokemon 2.0

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 9:56 pm

Briony took a few deep breaths, standing just inside her front door and staring at it as if it had all the answers she could ever need. When she stepped out that door, though, she knew that she wouldn't be returning for quite some time. She had never left Pallet Town before. That wasn't new for kids who left on their journeys, but she was twenty! This felt way, way different for her.

"Okay, okay. I've got this. It's just a small trek to Professor Oak's lab and I finally get my own first Pokemon."

Her mother had offered to let her take one of the nursery Pokemon, or to help her catch one of the wild visitors, but she wanted to do the same thing every single one of her siblings had been able to do. She would get her first from the lab!

So, she turned the knob and pushed the door open. The sunlight hit her face and she smiled widely.

"Let's do this!"
Back to top Go down
https://ourrpguniverse.rpg-board.net
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 10:21 pm

Phoenix rose out of bed and momentarily forgot what day it was. He stretched, slipped his feet inside his Krabby slippers, and scratched the back of his head. The sun was starting to shine brightly over the trees that were outside his window, a Pidgey was perched atop the peak of one of them, pruning its feathers. Phoenix smiled as he watched the pokemon, appreciating the freedom it had.

He sighed before opening his bedroom door and walked into the hallway. He could hear noises and smell a wonderful aroma coming from the kitchen. He tilted his head in slight confusion, wondering why there was such a feast being made today. He scratched his head and used the bathroom, pondering the entire time. When his task was complete, he washed his hands, and set off for the smells.

"What's going on in here, Mom?"

His mother, just as every bit as tall as him but her hair was all blue, rather than the black and blue adorning his own head. She smiled with a twinkle in her eye, telling him he aught to know the reason. She didn't speak, very rarely did she ever, but put her hand on her hip and pointed at the circled day on the calendar. He sauntered over to the flipped open page and peered carefully at the words written in the small box.

Your journey begins!

He gasped, clasping his hand over each side of his face as he did.

"How could I forget?!"

He and his mother both laughed at his reaction, then embraced as they both knew what the other was thinking. Eighteen years of him being at home .. now he would be gone and no one knew for how long. They ate breakfast together, his father joining near the middle of the course. He boasted about his pride, but also concern, for the boy and his new adventure.

An hour passed, and it was time to go. He looked down at his friend of seven years, Eevee, and wished he didn't have to say goodbye. He leaned down and whipsered in his ear, "See ya later, buddy .. take care of Mom." They hugged each other tightly, Eevee licked his face once, and Phoenix stood.

"Here I go!"
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 10:30 pm

Briony all but stumbled down the stone path that led out of their yard and into the road. She knew she was going to face plant, just knew it, but somehow managed to keep her footing. A face broken open and bleeding was not the way she wanted to start her journey. She wouldn't have been surprised, though, because she had been known to be a bit clumsy. It was something her mother found endearing, but all her bruises and scars over the years only reminded her of how silly she was.

I'm sure I'll get plenty more on this trip. Oh well, it's part of the adventure, I guess. Just please, please don't let me break anything. That would be so embarrassing!

Briony skipped her way down the road, regardless of her fear of falling. She was just way too excited not to be overjoyed about what today would bring for her. Deciding on which Pokemon to take on her journey would be so hard for her, because they all were just so cute and had so much potential.

Hopefully this kid that I'm going on my journey with will be as nice as he seemed. We hadn't been able to talk much before now, but he did seem so very nice. I really like nice people, after all.

She giggled at her own thoughts, thinking about how odd she'd sound saying it all out loud. Hopefully this kid liked her, because making friends didn't come easy to her. And hopefully the Pokemon liked her, too!
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 10:44 pm

Phoenix walked briskly towards Professor Oak's lab and tried his best to keep up a good pace. He was so distracted by all the things along the way and he didn't want to be late. He tugged a little harder on his backpack, trying to force his focus further on the task at hand. He grinned to himself, hopeful of what was to come.

Slightly to the right of him, but further ahead, he saw the girl he would be travelling with. She seemed to be quite off in her own little world, but seemed delightful. He smiled in her direction, happy that he was able to get another glimpse of her before they would set off on this journey together. He couldn't quite remember her name .. Brianna? Bailey? Whatever the name, he knew it started with a "B". He looked down at the ground and was suddenly lost in trying to remember what he was told her name had been. His hand was fingering his chin, tugging at the skin of it.

What in the world is it ..?
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySat Jun 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Briony was just about to walk through the gate of Professor Oak's lab when she saw a flash of blue and black hair out of the corner of her eyes. She stopped, a little too fast, and had to spin around in place to keep her footing.

"Oh, come on now!" She yelled down at her feet before busting out in a laugh. She looked up and over at the kid, waving happily. "Hello, there!"

Well, now he's really going to think I'm silly. Can't say I blame him, though. Nope, not at all.

She waited for him to catch up, still turning over in her head which Pokemon she might pick. Bulbasaur made sense, because she was experienced with grass-type Pokemon. But both of the others, Charmander and Squirtle, highly appealed to her as well. Both cute, both talented. How was she supposed to pick?!

Suddenly, it dawned on her and she knew what to do. She'd have to meet them first. That was the only way to make a true decision. Yes, she's just have to meet them first. There'd be a connection!

Right?
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:09 am

Phoenix stiffened a little at her abrupt and cheerful greeting, but quickly pulled himself together and smiled right back at her. "Hi! I'm so glad that we're doing this .. I don't know if you were even told my name, but I'm Phoenix!" He pointed his thumb to his chest and grinned as he introduced himself. "You seem just about as excited as I am." He ran his hand through his hair and put the other hand on his hip while waiting for her to respond.

Her stature was about the same as his, but that was to be expected. More often than not, people teased him for his short height. Pallet Town was small, so mostly everyone knew that he was biologically female. He felt lucky enough that his height was really the only thing in town teased him over. The people of Pallet were, for the most part, very supportive and understanding.

I don't know what I would do if someone were to bring it up, honestly ...
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:14 am

Briony loved that Phoenix seemed to be as excited as she was about all of this. She only wondered if his nerves were going crazy and his stomach was doing flips as well. What if the Pokemon she chose didn't like her? What if they refused to listen to her and gave her a hard time?

That would be so hard...

"It's very nice to meet you Phoenix, I'm Briony. And I'm really glad we're doing this, too! I'd be so much more afraid to go out on my own. Yes. Very afraid." She laughed nervously, knowing she was talking too fast. "Sorry, nervous. Ha!"

She looked up at the lab and pointed in its direction. She tilted her head and led the way, still giggling a little out of pure nervousness.

Why is this always happening to me? I'm such a fool. Ugh.

"So, this should be fun. Hard decision, I think. Yep."
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:19 am

Phoenix laughed a little, but smiled widely at her to reassure that it wasn't a tease. "No problem at all, I'm honestly pretty nervous, too! Who knows what's in store!" He put his hands behind his head, lacing his fingers, and walked behind her while looking up at the sky. "This sure is going to be one wild ride .."

They walked through the automatic doors, made their way through the archways and large shelves of books, multiple screens in various places. He could feel his heart rate increase rapidly and he suddenly felt himself growing scared. He never left town .. He heard stories from his father and his own Pokemon journey, all the sights he'd seen and places he'd ventured to .. But would it all be too much for him?

"Are you feeling scared suddenly? Or is that just me? Ha .."
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:24 am

Briony took in the room when they entered the lab. It was so much different from what she was used to. They had a television at home, yes, but nothing like what was around her. So much metal mixed with very little wood. The library of books was the only thing she could find that was similar to home. But of course a professor would read a lot. She shouldn't have expected any different. But all the machines and things. That was completely foreign to her.

"Oh, I'm definitely scared out of my mind right now." Another nervous giggle, but she knew that soon they'd be standing in front of Professor Oak. "Luckily, I've met him quite a few times before. He buys flowers, sometimes, from my family's nursery. But this still feels different. Ha. For obvious reasons."

And there he was, standing with his back turned to them, just a little bit away.

Here goes nothing...
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:34 am

Phoenix nodded, pleased to hear that he wasn't alone in the emotions. He could tell she was overwhelmed by the atmosphere they currently found themselves in, and he was as well. He slouched a little bit and shoved his hands in his pockets while he continued to walk. Before he could stop himself, he found the next movement he made was directly into Briony.

"Oof!"

He backed into a shelf as he moved away from her, making a loose book fall onto the floor.

"Oh no .. Professor Oak, I'm so sorry!"

Phoenix quickly jumped down to the floor and replaced the book that he had made fall. He hoped the professor wouldn't be too cross with him. He'd heard that Oak was actually quite the nice guy, but you never know what could push someone into a fit. Especially in their own Pokemon lab ..

Yikes .. Of course I would knock stuff over right after running into Briony .. I'm such a dork.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:39 am

Briony felt Phoenix run into her back, followed by a crash, and then another smaller crash. She turned around quickly, to see what had happened, and her jaw dropped. A book had fallen to the floor, but she was far more worried about him and if he was alright. She placed her hand on his arm.

"Are you okay? That sounded like it hurt." She turned to Professor Oak who was now staring at them, a small smile on his face. "It's great to see you, Professor Oak. We'll be with you in a just a moment. After we're done being clumsy. Ha."

He laughed and nodded his head in response. He wasn't even the least bit irritated or annoyed, but she hadn't expected him to be. He was such a kind soul.

She shot a reassuring look at Phoenix. "See, everything is fine."

She motioned to the shelf and to them.

"All better!" She nodded her head toward the professor. "Shall we, then?"
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:49 am

Phoenix rubbed his head and blushed, looking from the Professor, to Briony. He sighed a bit of relief, then smiled sheepishly at the young woman. "You're really sweet, thanks Briony .."

He looked to the Professor quizzically, wondering what was next.

Oak turned to them and finally spoke. "Ah, Briony, Phoenix," he looked between the two of them and continued his speech, "welcome to my lab! I was wondering if the two of you would ever come visit me for a Pokemon of your own." He smiled widely and chuckled, then cleared his throat before continuing. "Now then, shall we?"

Phoenix beamed, eyes sparkling much like his mother's would when she did. He looked to Briony, certain that he knew which Pokemon he wanted. Would she be wanting the same? He hoped not ..

Since he was young, Phoenix always imagined himself surrounded by water Pokemon. The only other kind of Pokemon he allowed to flood his dreams and day dreams was Eevee. He really was going to miss that little guy ..
Back to top Go down
Dreamer1031
Admin
Dreamer1031

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:53 am

Briony grinned from ear to ear, exchanging excited glances with Phoenix, before they both walked over to meet with Professor Oak. It was finally time. She only hoped that the one she loved most wasn't the same one that Phoenix wanted. She's sacrifice for him, because that was her way, but she hoped it wouldn't come to that.

"It's definitely long overdue, Professor, but here I am!" She twirled a few times, something she often did, and teetered a little bit. "Ha, whoops!"

Professor Oak laughed and shook his head. "It's just like you to nearly lose your feet from under your legs, young lady. Let's get you a Pokemon before you fall and bonk your head. And you as well, Phoenix. I'm very happy to see you here as well. Shall we?"

Professor Oak led them over to the place where three Pokeballs sat waiting for them. Briony wasn't sure if she'd hyperventilate or faint, but she was definitely feeling her heart speed out of control.

"It's time to pick." She said out loud, but to herself.

Please like me, Pokemon of mine.
Back to top Go down
fragilexsoul
Admin
fragilexsoul

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 EmptySun Jun 14, 2020 12:58 am

Phoenix chuckled while he watched Briony twirl, thinking to himself how he very much liked her personality. He was so pleased that they'd be adventuring together; they seemed to match each other rather well.

He looked at her, then Oak, and nodded. "Right, this is it .."

He walked over to the 3 red, white, and black balls, each of them had the accompanying type symbolised on the top. He went for the ball that he knew he would always choose and could feel his eyes begin to sting with emotion.

Squirtle .. I can't believe I can finally have you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pokemon 2.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokemon 2.0   Pokemon 2.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon 2.0
Page 1 of 1